Monday 6 June 2016

- Five Books to Add to Your Summer Holiday Reading List - (YA Fiction)

So, you're off on your summer holidays (lucky you!) and I'm guessing you're looking for some great new reads to take with you? Well, look no further.

I've put together a couple of lists that will hopefully help you find something to read as you head off for some sun, surf and relaxation.

First up, YA Fiction. I'll also be covering Adult Fiction and some of my All Time Summer Faves in upcoming posts.

If you want to dig deeper into the archives of great Summer Reads, just hit the Summer Spotlight tab over there ------>  or maybe it's up there ^^ because you didn't read this when I posted it, and are just catching up now. :)

*****




If you're looking for a great summer read full of friendship and fun and SWOON, then Morgan Matson is a pretty safe bet. I'm currently reading this one, which details seventeen-year-old Andie's summer in the wake of her father's political scandal.  While I found the book a little slow to start, it's been a pleasant reading experience so far and,  at over five hundred pages, The Unexpected Everything should keep you in reading material your whole holiday through!


When is this available? It's out now!


*****



Here's one for those of you who like your summer fiction with a bit of bite. With Malice is described as a thrilling page-turner, perfect for fans of We Were Liars and The Girl on the Train.  It's coming up soon on my TBR and I am *SO* excited to read it. If you didn't know, I love my summer fiction with a bit of bite.  Oh, I have a quick recommendation for those of you who love summer reads of this type: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas. SO GOOD!


When is this available? June 7th in the US || June 9th in the UK.


*****



Like Morgan Matson, Emery Lord is just one of those authors who just never lets me down. The writing in this book is GORGEOUS, as is the boy, as is the FOOD.  I've already read this one, so I'll just helpfully link my review here and you can go read all my thoughts.  Helpful Link to Review.


When is this available? It's out now!

*****




Here's a story: I almost completely ignored this book. Then, I was sent a copy (unsolicited) for review and discovered that it's getting all these great reviews and actually sounds pretty awesome. So, why did I ignore it in the first place? Well, probably because I'm not in love with the UK cover (never judge a book by its cover, ahem)  and I already have one summer book about the Manson girls on my summer reading list (The UK title of this book is My Favourite Manson Girl). So there you have it. 

When is this available? June 7th 2016 to be exact.

*****



The synopsis reads: "A sparkling coming-of-age story about self-discovery, first love, and the true meaning of family, perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen." So, of course I want to read this. I'm a sucker like that. Give me a blurb that mentions Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen, and I'm all over it, you know? That said, this one sounds like a perfect summer read full of summer lovin' and self-discovery. Oh, and I have the perfect soundtrack too: 


When is this available? June 21st
Click to read the Synopsis


*****


Bonus Pick: Because all my Top 5's are actual Top 6's and I can never not include a bonus pick!




I just love summer reads that involve travel and/or road trips of any kind, don't you? This one, which sounds super-cute, involves a trip to Tuscany, Italy. Sa-woon! However, our protagonist, Lina, isn't really in the mood for Italy (?!) Problematic. However, I'm sure Lina will fall in love with all that Italy has to offer over the course of this book. (Maybe she'll even fall in love with a hot Italian boy along the way!)


When is this available? It's out now!
Click to read the Synopsis


*****


So, tell me, what's on your summer reading list? Are you planning on reading any of my picks? If so, let me know in comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats