Sunday 2 March 2014

Stacking The Shelves #3 - New Books From Gemma Burgess, Kimberly Derting, Colleen Hoover & More!


Stacking The Shelves is hosted at Tynga's Reviews.

This week I've been watching Scandal (it was gone too long!) My love for Fitz is still going strong. It's so wrong....but it feels so right! Tonight, I'm looking forward to watching The Oscars. I love Red Carpet season so much I've even got a Red Carpet dedicated Pinterest board! 

Now, onto the books! Here, I've listed two weeks worth of review copies and I also treated myself to some fabulous books! All links lead to Goodreads.

For Review



I loved the first Brooklyn Girls book and I'm really looking forward to reading Angie's story. This is published as Love and Chaos in the US.

I'm saving A Midsummer's Nightmare for the beach, but I read the first chapter the other day, and I'm already hooked! Question: Do the Hamilton High books read at standalones or should I read the rest before I get started on this one?





Bought



I'm a sucker for a cute contemp - and both of these sound cuter than cute. If you've read either of these books, I'd love to know what you thought. I know my blogger friend Christina loved Better off Friends - but I haven't seen a whole lot of feedback on Bright Before Sunrise just yet. 



Paper Chains By Nicola Moriarty - Bought on recommendation from Nomes
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Bought on recommendation from Jenny


Current reads: Half Bad by Sally Green and Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn.

That's it for this week! Leave your thoughts and links in comments!

16 comments :

  1. Jenny/Wondrous Reads2 March 2014 at 12:09

    What a great fortnight for you! The Year of the Rat is absolutely brilliant and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you like The Book Thief. We all know my thoughts on that one. ;)

    I'll check back for your reviews of these, cos obviously I need to buy MORE books. Hehe. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul of books. I see two contemporaries that look interesting. Come visit me as well.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books sound fantastic :). I really hope you enjoy them. Looking forward to reading The Taking too! Hope you have better luck with The Book Thief than I did, though the film was brilliant!

    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way - You have Maybe Someday!?! *goes to cry in the corner* I am so envious! Can't wait to read your review on it...! I really love the idea of that book with the music within the story :D Awesome haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. ChristinaBookAddict2 March 2014 at 14:43

    Awesome week! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Midsummer Nightmare…I've had my eye on that one for awhile. I am so glad you bought Better Off Friends- it's such a cute read. I loved it! Thanks for the shout out! :) I really enjoyed The Book Thief- definitely a powerful read. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice assortment of books. The only one we have in common though is The Taking. I am waiting for the DVD of The Book Thief to arrive. I tried and failed to read the book. Come see what I got at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh The Book Thief is so good! I love the movie cover!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul! I haven´t read any of these books but I´m looking forward to read The Book Thief and The Taking.

    Here is My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Scandal returning this week Leanna. I agree we've had to stay without it for so long. I'm a huge Fitz fan too, despite the mistakes he makes along the way, he's become a character which I can't resist! I'm glad that you enjoyed the first chapter of A Midsummer's Nightmare, I love books which can have you hooked in the very beginning. I also can't wait to read The Taking either and The Book Thief was a book I adored! Have you seen the film yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. popprincess56782 March 2014 at 19:15

    Great book week for you, I want pretty much every single book, I'll look out for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I SO need to read The Book Thief! I mean, gosh, the author is Australian, it has a movie, why have I not read it yet??!! (Pain...pain is a huge factor here and I think it'll make me sob. I sobbed hard enough in Code Name Verity.) I'm getting A Midsummer's Nightmare from the library! It's taking foreeever to come in, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LittleMissBecky3 March 2014 at 00:37

    The Taking is on my tbr for this month and I'm really excited to see Kimberly Derting writing about aliens! :) Don't Look Back also looks awesome, her books are always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am so excited for Maybe Someday! Hope you are going to love it :)
    And you can totally read Kody Keplingers books out of order:) Haven't read A Midsummer's Nightmare yet, but I do love her books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Taking looks excellent, I can't wait to read that one! And I still haven't read The Book Thief yet, but I've been told its amazing! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh The Taking sounds so good. I hope it's as good as it looks! Have a great week. My STS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jess Hearts Books3 March 2014 at 17:37

    I'm so excited for Don't Look Back and The Year of the Rat! Have heard brilliant things for both. Hope you enjoy all your new reads hun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!

If you are a book blogger and have taken the time to comment, I will make sure to come visit your blog and return the favour. :)

Please note: This blog is now an award free zone. Thanks to everyone who has awarded the blog in the past.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails View My Stats